Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mitzi

Thanksgiving 2004

Thanksgiving 2005

Thanksgiving 2007

We went yesterday to visit my mothers family in Duncan. My great-grandmother, Mitzi now lives with her son and his wife. Every year they have a thanksgiving dinner, and all of the family comes to visit and get re-acquainted. Mitzi will be 95 this December. She still paints, knits, croquet's and gets around very well. Mitzi had 3 children and they had children and then they had children, then they had children.

My mother is the oldest granddaughter, I am the oldest great grandchild and Alex is the oldest great-great grandchild. Mitzi has made a blanket for every grandchild and great-grandchild and now, great-great grandchild. My boys have OU afghans that she knitted herself. They also have baby blankets that she made too. I still have my afghan and even use it in the winter every year. I feel so lucky to have this wonderful christian woman be a part of my life and my children's lives. Zac got his blanket yesterday and I know that he will treasure it his whole life!

No comments: