Sunday, April 6, 2008

Parker rides a Bike!!

Parker rides a bike! I mean really rides a bike, with no training wheels. He took them off about 2 weeks ago with his handy tool set, but he hasn't ridden it since then. So yesterday while Alex was staying at Grandma's house, I took Parker to the school yard. He insisted on bringing his bike instead of roller blades, (which he is amazing at also, he has been roller blading since he was 2 1/2 years old). Aaron was sleeping, so it was just Zac and I. I knew for sure that he wouldn't be able to do it, because it was going to be hard with just me by myself to help him, but we brought the bike anyway.
Well I put Zac in the stroller and get out the bike. Parker hops on and balances for a while. I told him I would hold on to the back and help him ride. He tells me, "I don't need help". Then, and you are not going to believe this, He starts riding the bike! And i don't mean just a short distance. I mean all around the parking lot without falling once! He can turn and stop with the brakes and keeps going. He is only 5. When he comes back to me, He said "I didn't know I could do that." Parker was proud as a peacock. He couldn't wait to go home and tell Daddy and call Grandma and Alex. When Aaron woke up we went back to the school. Parker got on the bike and rode all around. Aaron about passed out from shock. It is amazing!Posted by Picasa

No comments: